Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TV power problem, relay clicks, only turns on when you hit it

I have a Toshiba 27" made in 92.

There is a bit of a problem with turning it on. Turning off is always
fine. The remote doesn't turn it on, but I hear a relay click. Also,
doesn't turn on with the front switch under normal pushing...but also
hear a relay click.
The only way it turns on, is but hitting the front "ON" switch really
hard, to move or jiggle the set, or the hit the ON switch followed by
hitting the set in a certain sequence.

I believe it may be the relay, or some kind of mechanical part or
connection because you seem to need to hit the set to turn it on. Would
like some opinions before I pursue this farther. I'm not a TV repair
expert by the way.

Anyone have any suggestions... anyone know what the relay looks like?