Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Shuman

Default Chicago, IL West Suburbs Hitachi Big Screen Repair

The Hitachi was very well made and has a very nice oak cabinet. Quality
parts and workmanship on the PC boards. It has been pretty much flawless
and still has the same ultrasharp picture as the day it was brand new. Why
would I just go and replace it before I know the cost to repair it? This is
certainly not the advice I expected from an electronics repair newsgroup
where many of the posters make a living from repairing sets like these.

Bob

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
. ..
Bob Shuman wrote:
Looking for a recommendation for a TV repair person (someone who can
diagnose and not just a serviceable module replacer) located in the
Far West Chicago suburbs who does quality work to look at my 12-year
old Hitachi 50" Ultravision (50UX15K - AP33 Chassis).

12 years old? Time for a technology refresh.