Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.chem
mc

Default Making anti-static carpet spray?

"Daniel A. Thomas" wrote in message

"mc" wrote in message
.. .
| Is there an easy way I could make my own anti-static carpet spray? The
| commercial product is often hard to find. Of course, pure water works
for a
| short time, enough to repair one computer. I've tried adding fabric
| softener but it's too strongly scented to use this way.

I've used a teaspoon of salt in quart of warm water for anti-static
carpet spray. Sprayed it with a plant mister. It works surprisingly
well.

How long does it last? Does it do any good in dry weather (when it's needed
most)?

If it will pick up any moisture from the air, it should stay conductive.
Hmmm... Calcium chloride?