Posted to sci.electronics.repair
lsmartino

Default PSU motherboard connector

ross ha escrito:

Hi there , I don't really know much about computers but decided to
change the noisy psu on my PC which is about three years old with a
low noise psu from maplins . The problem I have is that although the
noisy psu is an atx psu and the psu I've bought is described as an atx
psu ( sounds straightforward so far ) on inspection some of the
motherboard connector wires are different colours or, the same coloured
wires are in different pin positions on the connector . The guy I spoke
to at maplins said manufacturers sometimes use different colour coding
and it won't make any difference , I'm not sure I'm convinced , and
don't want to toast my motherboard . Any advice would be appreciated

You didnīt provide us with enough information. What motherboard do you
have? What CPU your computer uses? Is your computer a clone, or a DELL?