Posted to rec.woodworking
A.M. Wood

Default Machining In The Living Room aka A Lathe In A Desk

RicodJour wrote:
Snip
I don't think that there is little interest. There are conflicting
interests. SWMBO being conflict numero uno. I have a hard enough time
persuading that a TV can in fact go in the living room. Broaching the
subject of bringing work into the living space would translate as, "I'd
like to start filling the house with dust and if you wouldn't mind
cleaning it up after me, that would be great."

If you don't have a SWMBO, well, hell, keep the motorcycle in the
living room.

End Snip

Yup!

Truth is it's a struggle convincing SWMBO to let me keep machines in
the garage. I'd be better off putting a bullet in my head before I go
recommending the living room.