Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
*

Default Getting a Jaguar started....

* wrote in article
01c6817a$86eb5240$a491c3d8@race...

On Fri, 26 May 2006 07:43:33 GMT, Gunner

wrote:
On 25 May 2006 19:20:20 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Not everyone has the option of carpooling. I live in a rather rural
area and work far from any mass transit stops. It's not an option

for
me.

Car pooling?
Its not possible for folks like me.

Gunner wasn't kidding when he said it wasn't possible for him to carpool.

In order to carpool, you must have a reliable car...

When Gunner mentions "....folks like me....", he means Jaguar car owners.

Gunner's "daily driver" is a '94 Jaguar Vanden Plas....a 12-year-old
Jaguar.

He sold the "ol reliable" Toyota. (go to alt.autos.jaguar for the lurid
details)

What he might save carpooling, he would more than spend in regularly
telephoning his carpool mates telling them that the Jag would not
start......again!

Gunner is right.......For Jaguar owners, car pooling is NOT possible.

From the alt.autos.jaguar newsgroup

Gunner wrote in article
My 94 VDP is very hard to start at times. Usually after it's been sitting

for several hours. I have cleaned the fuel system from the tank to the
injectors. It has a new fuel and air filter. I recently changed the
distributor cap, rotor button and plugs. The plug wires checked good on

the
ohmmeter. I cleaned the intake tubes and throttle body with throttle body

cleaner (I did not remove the throttle body). Once the car starts, I get

puff of smoke from the exhaust, but it smells more like a lean burn than
like burning oil, and it stumbles a bit, but it runs great and gets good
mileage. At normal temp, it fires right up, no smoke or stumbling.
Everything I have tested seems to be working right. What should I try
next????
Thanks,
Gunner

Jaguar snobs pronounce it "JAG-you-er". It rhymes with "sewer".