Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

Default OT - Those *#&#%$^& Drivers With Cellphones

"J. Clarke" wrote

This kind of solution looks good to children. Once you reach a certain
level of life experience (which, alas, many people never attain) you
realize that things just aren't that simple.

--
--John

Alas, many people attain this "level of experience" with just one experience
with a cell phone impaired driver. Seems simple to me. Driving requires
all the hands you have. That is, one armed people may drive, but those with
two arms should use them both. If you are driving with one hand on the
phone and holding it to your ear, you are driving in an impaired fashion.
Not to mention your mental faculties are being overtaxed because of the
conversation.

For certain people, this "level of experience" comes with little actual
experience. You seem to say it is some sort of mental superiority. But
usually it involves losing someone to a cell phone impaired driver, or
having your life changed by one without a fatality involved. The mental
superiority you tout amounts to massive self-indulgence and
self-centeredness. Exactly the same as imagined intellectual superiority.

"Oh, I can drive safely and put on my makeup and talk on my cell phone and
run my laptop and read and put on a CD. I'm not like REGULAR humans."

Steve