Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Hull

Default OT - Those *#&#%$^& Drivers With Cellphones

In article .com,
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote:

"I agree there is a problem but where is your rant on DUI-related
deaths?
http://www.duiawardsprogram.com/dui_stats.htm
FYI...the sooner the laws are ENFORCED the better.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore "

It goes double for drinking and driving Ron.

In my own family, we lost five family members in one accident due to a
drunk driver.

If I ran the world, a car would test for blood alcohol before starting
and while you are driving.

You drink...you walk.

Better than banning cell phones or alcohol (prohibition didn't work) is
to treat them as premeditated. Since a drinker or cell phone user is
deliberately degrading their driving ability, if they kill someone while
drinking or using the cell phone it should be treated as premeditated
murder. No accident = no problem, a death means a trip to the gallows.
The remaining people would learn quickly. Accidents are caused by
people, not cars or cell phones or alcohol etc.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/