Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Dodd

Default Drains - How Far Down Are They?

DiddyS wrote:
Hi,

I need to dig up a small tree/big bushy thing outside my toilet window and
I'm wondering how far down the drains might be. I don't want to dig them up
or damage them! This must be covered by some regulation, but I don't know
where to find it.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Derek.

I know nothing about this subject, save that on my relatively new-build
house the grey water drain was *very* close to the surface, as it had to
run some five metres before it got to the main drain. So, regardless
of how deep the main drain is I think you'll have to exercise care with
your excavation.