Posted to alt.home.repair
Cliff Hartle

Default build custom wood window

They are simple to made, but will have to be pretty hefty to handle glass
that large.

The frames will have to be thick enough to hold the glass particularly if
you are only going to hold them in with 4 points of attachment. You will
also need to consider wind loading.

I would reconsider how you are going to install them. Maybe screws all
around.

For construction you need to search window joinery. This will explain how
to make the joints and how to attach them to the frame.

Something like this.

http://www.google.com/search?num=20&...window+joinery

http://www.jito.org.nz/about/books.htm

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello -

Are there plans to build the actual wood frame of a wood & glass
window? I want to build 10 windows for my screen porch. 60" x 24" and
60" x 30". They will install from the inside, set into the framed area
for the window.

Thanks for any help.

Jack