Posted to alt.home.repair
twfsa

Default Toilet Question

I used the toilet this morning big number 2, I removed the tank cover in
case of an over flow, but it seemed to flush ok, I'll see my daughter later
today and get the details on the size and lenth of the comb.

Thanks
Tom

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
.. .
"twfsa" wrote in message
Daughter dropped a comb down the toilet as it was flushing, she left a
note telling me this and I don't know the length of the comb, I was
wondering if I could lift up the flapper in the tank and possibly
retrieve it?

Or could it be somewhere in the toilet and not in the sewer pipe, if its
in the pipe will a snake chew it up with out removing the toilet?

Thanks
Tom

It would not be under the flapper valve unless she dropped into the
tank.

It is likely in the bend-trap if it is anywhere. That is the pipe
inside the toilet from the large hole in the bowl to the drain pipe under
the toilet.

It is working now or causing problems? Depending on the size and shape
of the comb, it might be away from your home by now.

You can get a tool from the hardware store made just for the use and
see if you can find it.

Good Luck