Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Jackson

Default sealing a new shop entry door

If you check the installation instructions for your new door it should
recemmend silicone and the best method to apply it. Just remember to lift
the door over the caulk and drop it in place rather than slide it in across
the caulk or you'll have a big mess. --dave

"R. Pierce Butler" wrote in message
I am installing a new entry door for my shop and the floor is a concrete
slab. What sort of caulk or sealing method would be best to seal between
the
door sill and the concrete floor?

One fellow I met mentioned some sort of asphalt based sealant. Another
person mentioned putting a 1/2 inch of pressure treated lumber between the
door sill and the concrete floor.

I am not concerned about clearances for carpeting as this is for a
workshop.

I just don't want air or water seeping in under the sill.

What is the best way to deal with something like this?

Thanks

Pierce