Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier

Default Problem with Honeywell RTH 6300B T-stat

I purchased this t-stat last winter:
http://brigita.blogspot.com/img/Therm.jpg
It worked good for my heating system. But I recently turned on my CAC
for the first time and noticed a wierd problem.
The T-stat has a built in compressor protection feature. It waits 5
minutes before starting the compressor if the T-stat cycles too
quickly. Which is fine only theres one problem:
When I tested it out, the compressor came back on, but the blower motor
stopped working, as if the 2 had been reversed. I double checked the
T-Stat wiring and it is good. According to my Trane furnace schematic,
the compressor relay is hooked up to y and c terminals on the furnace
circuit board, which they are. A point to note, there is no C terminal
on this T-stat. The manual says " Do not connect the c wire, you will
not use it". Also there is an R and RC terminal on the T-stat jumped
together. The manual says to leave the jumper connected if all I have
is an R terminal on the furnace.
I plan to call Honeywell for support, but does anyone have any input
what might be wrong?