Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier

Default CAC startup question

jim_duprey wrote:
.. For a crash
course, take a look at
http://home.howstuffworks.com/ac2.htm

Thanks for that link. I learned a lot. Today was a lot warmer so I
turned on the A/C and this time I went to the A coil on my furnace. I
removed the access panel and felt the pipes were cold after the
expansion valve and throughout the coil.Also it felt cold blowing
against my face. Plus I saw condensation dripping into the pan so I
guess its doing its job as far as removing the humidity.
In an unrelated matter, I noticed that my attic fan was not turning on.
So I went into my attic and to my surprise I heard the motor humming. I
tried turning the blades, but it did not want to go. So I had a seized
motor. I picked up another motor at HD so I'll put it in tomorrow. The
attic fan really makes a difference as far as keeping the house cool.
I also noticed a problem with my new Honeywell T-Stat. ( look for a
seperate thread).