Posted to alt.home.repair

Default single lever faucet leak problem

Hi,
I installed a new 'kit' on my delta single lever sink faucet.
It had been dripping badly, and the kit fixed it. The kit included a
new ball, new O rings, new springs and gaskets, and a new
large rubber washer that fits under a hard plastic cap which the
main chrome screw cap fits over.

However, when I use the water it leaks badly around the chrome ball
and socket.
Before I turn off the water [its difficult in this house and hard to
explain]
again and dissassemble, does this type of leak indicate an obvious
problem? Do I need to get vice grips and tighten down the chrome ring
[which compresses the large rubber washer] more?

thx.

itchy