Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy Smith

Default Amazing what folks throw away

In article ,
() wrote:

In article ,
Australopithecus scobis wrote:
In article ,
toolmiser wrote:

Please repeat the straw story for those of us who don't have a good
memory.

OK, but only because you asked.

Pavel the udarnik wheels a wheelbarrow full of dirty sawdust out of the
Red Star Tractor Factory. Ivan the gate guard suspiciously jabs about
with his bayonet, but lets Pavel leave with the waste. This continues
every day for years. One day, Ivan says to Pavel, "Pavel Niklay'tch,
this is my last day at the glorious Red Star Tractor Factory. Tomorrow I
am retired. I promise I won't tell anyone, but I cannot take my ease in
the Park of Culture and Rest unless I know this. Please tell me, what
have you been stealing for all these years?" "Wheelbarrows."

--
"Keep your ass behind you."

When I first heard it about 25 years ago it was hand trucks.

Kind of hard to load a hand truck up with sawdust.