Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder.on.ca

Default Need servo motors

On Sat, 27 May 2006 16:33:19 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
remove .NOT wrote:

You've heard of Ebay?

Another route is to make a servo out of an ordinary DC motor. See:
http://truetex.com/servomod.htm

You'll need more torque for ACME vs. ball screws. Bigger motor or belt down.

Where are you located? I have one 500 watt ( I think) 84 volt DC
servomotor left in the garage. It is a printed circuit armature(disk
motor) type Permanent Magnet unit - about 35 lbs. I think it also has
a brake on it. Definitely has quadrature encoder and tach output. It
is in Waterloo Ontario. I shipped 2 similar motors to Virginia for
about a dollar a pound.