Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Hamad bin Turki Salami

Default Creating a Circuit Diagram from a PC Board

On Sat, 27 May 2006 08:26:34 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Hamad bin Turki Salami hath
wroth:

On Thu, 25 May 2006 05:11:12 -0700, rubenz1967 wrote:

Drivel: Long ago, one of my products was in the prototype stage when
marketeering decided to stop everything so that they could take some
pictures. The boards were carefully sent to a photographer, who took
numerous photographs under the bright studio lights. When I got the
boards back, they were all dead. All the (2716) EPROM's had been
partially erased. I don't think a flat bed scanner will do the same
thing, but I wouldn't want to find out.

Going further afield ... this reminds me of the experience of a composer
I knew (actually well known, but I won't identify him). He landed a
performance of an extremely difficult opera he wrote. The technical
difficulty limited the possible performers to a very rarified set of
companies, and getting any performance of a modern opera at all is a major
coup for a composer. Of course, he had a recording done one of the
nights, and the performance was brilliant, beyond his hopes. The next
week, the engineer had the master tapes in his studio. While mucking
around for something, he placed a telephone on top of the tapes. As fate
would have it, that moment the telephone rang. It was one of those old
telephones with a big electromagnet driving the clapper of a bell ...
and that was the end of the recording of that brilliant performance.