Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

Default How do I get my soil-filled pool back into operation?

"Froggen" wrote

What is the main reason for getting rid of pools?

Some ideas:

The time required to keep one functioning.
The effort required to keep one functioning.
The cost required to keep one functioning.
A person does not swim enough to justify the cost or labor.
The space is more desirable as, say a garden, or a barbecue or horseshoe
area.

I liked my pool. But, I would never have another. The one next door at my
vacation rental property is a draw, and houses with pools rent at a higher
rate than those without pools. I did have one in my own back yard, and had
it filled in for a 1,000 sf expansion of the house. It had to be
backfilled, compacted, and tested many times for it to be acceptable to the
inspectors. Major PITA, major cost.

Just some ideas.

Steve