Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

Default Levelling a site for an above ground pool with crushed rock???

wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm planning on installing an above ground pool. I had the excavator
dig out the required area needed. However, at a point he hit a solid
rock ledge and was unable to proceed further without a lot more effort.
Is it possible to raise one end of the pool about 7 or eight inches w/
crushed rock to level the site out??? Or will that one side of the
pool "settle" in when filling the pool? Any other ideas??? Maybe some
retaining wall blocks?? Railroad ties?? Plain old dirt??

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

I would start buy talking to the pool manufactures I'm sure this is a common
problem. My thoughts would build a raised pad under the pool. I would make
the ground under the area is compacted ( I would guess it is) As for a
filler sand might be a good idea just buy wetting it you get a good
compaction.