Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default A/C Condenser Coil ... dripping pan

"Sol Rosenberg" wrote in message

That was the first thing I did. Funneled a little warm bleach water and
poked with a guitar
string into the pan. The solution just spilled over before I could bring
the tube back
down. Warm water solution flowed fine down the copper pipe which goes to a
sink drain.
Pan is probaby just shot.

I don't understand. The pan is designed to hold water and send it to a
drain. If it is holding water, that part of the pan is doing its job. The
drain, evidently, is not. These things plug easily from the dust and stuff
that accumulates in it. Empty the pan with a cup, scoop, or turkey baster.
Find the drain. Properly clear the drain. It will take more than hot water
and a guitar string. It may take a small plumber snake to reach the end and
open it up completely.

If the pan is not leaking, it is doing what it was designed to do. The
drain, not the pan, is the problem. Fix it properly, maintain it during the
year, it will work as it should.