Posted to alt.home.repair
J. Clarke

Default West apartment window heat problem

James Lewis wrote:

I live in an apartment in N TX that has a west window that is 7'W X 6'T.
It is actually a double window with four panes each. The heat has come
early this year and the direct sun on that window makes the entire
apartment hard to cool. I was going to have a dark tint applied to the
window but the apartment owners forbid that. Is there a website that sells
an effective heat barrier, like a pull down window shade that would reduce
the direct sun heat? If so, please provide a website and ballpark cost if
you know it. I'm not an engineer but it seems logical to me that a tint
would be the best because it prevents some heat from ever getting into the
apartment???

You might want to take a look at http://www.1windowquilts.com/. Not cheap
for what they are but they work quite well.

mike

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate