Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

Default How do I get my soil-filled pool back into operation?

"Froggen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I live in Melbourne Australia where we don't really have a proper
winter. I have not had any snow during my seven years down here and the
temperature is "never" under 0 degrees.

What is the main reason for getting rid of pools?

Pools are a hole in the ground you keep filled with money, a sailboat for
landlocked people. They are fun, but unless you have teenage kids you want
to keep a close eye on, they are awful hard to justify for the 3-4 months a
year the swimming seasons lasts in a large part of North America. People
without the cash flow to just have 'the pool guy' do all the upkeep tend to
get disillusioned with them. I personally know several households where,
once the kids flew the nest, the parents within a few years said the hell
with it and had the pool ripped out. A lot depends on the climate and how
far away public swimming holes are. Where I am, you literally cannot drive
20 minutes in any direction without passing a lake with a public launching
ramp and/or swimming beach, and the 'unheated' swimming season is only 100
days or so, so pools aren't that popular.

aem sends...