Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

Default Creating a Circuit Diagram from a PC Board

In article 44759277$0$3618$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
01.iinet.net.au, (known to some as Rheilly Phoull)
scribed...

Nelson wrote:
I don't know if anyone here has tried this before, but I thought I'd
mention it. I have found creating a circuit diagram from a PC board a
big PITA.

snippety-one

The result is a full color "x-ray" of the PCB showing the traces and
solder joints directly under the components. It takes a little
experimentation to get the transparency and alignment of the two
images just right but the result is worth it.

Then again a decent light underneath usually shows the traces.

snippety-two

At least until you're confronted with a four (or more) layer board.
;-)

Keep the peace(es).

--
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)