Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cans of solvent -- pouring, etc

In article .com,
wrote:
I never noticed how difficult it is to pour from a full gallon can of
solvent without having it run down the can and make a mess. I'm also
not too thrilled to think about the flammible nature of this stuff
(mineral spirits) when I'm working in my basement. Is there a trick to
pouring this stuff and how do most people deal with the fire safety
issue? Thanks.

When the can is more than about 1/3 full I get better control by
holding it with the spout at the top like so:

_| |
_| |
| |
| |

And for those jobs requiring very precise pouring, I have this little
device called a funnel.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland