Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Tips for pigtailing / wirenutting outlets with 12AWG wire

On 26 May 2006 11:15:09 -0700, "
wrote:

Howdy all.

Since I will be pigtailing in about 20 outlets and I know 12AWG can be
kind of stiff to work with, I thought I would ask if anyone here has
any tips to make the job easier ?

I have already pre-wired the pig-tails to the outlets since it's
something that could easily be done from the comfort of my couch while
watching the basketball game. The pigtails for the hots, neutrals and
grounds are all about 6 inches long and I just made them from some
existing 12AWG NM/B wire I had (si they're pretty straight right now).

Si, muchacho. BTW, it's little mistakes like this that will keep you
from passing.

I have the red wing-nut style wire-nuts and will have to joint (3)
12AWG wires into each nut.

Any tips to make the job easier or better would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin is a good name. No one will suspect it.