Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Smith

Default where to get scrap in NorthEast?

That's the place. I don't have any local sources for non-ferrous stuff.

Steve

John Martin wrote:

Steve Smith wrote:

This is silly, because I shop at this place frequenty. I have no idea
what the name is, but they have used steel and new steel. I think I paid
about 35 cents per pound for scrap last time. They have plenty of scrap
plate sitting around, most of it flat. They also have new steel at
pretty reasonable prices (for instance, they don't charge to torch cut).
They are in South Portland, Maine on Running Hill Road. I can give you
better directions if needed.

Steve Smith
Brownfield, Maine

That would be Goldstein Steel. Nice folks to deal with.

Any good local sources for aluminum or red metals?

John Martin
Cumberland, Maine