Posted to misc.consumers.house
D. Gerasimatos

Default Ended up buying my roomie's condo. Should I compensate buyer's agent?

In article ,
Travis Jordan wrote:
D. Gerasimatos wrote:
I understand what it was. I am answering the guy's question about the
proper thing to do, which is to have the seller compensate his agent.
If the seller hadn't lucked into this guy, then the seller would've
had to pay those fees and then some (for the listing agent as well).

Only if the seller decided to list their condo with a realtor, as
opposed to selling it in a private transaction.

If that's really what the seller was going to do and he refuses on those
grounds, then I think the buyer should compensate the agent himself,
even if he is not legally obligated to. However, the buyer should ask
the seller first.

Dimitri