Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Robert Gammon

Default Gas water heaters

rob wrote:
I'm in the houston, texas area (hard water) and want to get an idea
what is a good brand for gas hot water heaters? I think my current is
two 52 gallon size. My house is about 8 years old. Any idea what a
plumber charges for parts and labor (for 2 of them)?

And does consumer reports have anything on best brands?

thanks.

We moved into this new home in Houston TX in October 1982. First one
before the water softener, only lasted about 6-7 years. We later
installed a water softener and replaced the hot water heater in the same
year. The one presently installed is working fine and it has a MFG
label of late 1988.

Adding a whole house water softener at the same time that the water
heater(s) are replaced will save money in the long run, and make water
in the house FEEL so much better.