Posted to alt.home.repair
No

Default Tips for pigtailing / wirenutting outlets with 12AWG wire

RBM wrote:
Let me be real clear. When I say I love them, I'm referring to their use in
things like fixtures, where, if one fails, it will be easy to find and fix
the open circuit. As far as power, outlet splices, I want a hard bodied
wirenut and a nine inch lineman's pliers

" wrote in message
oups.com...
VERY INTERESTING! Looks like what I need if I go that route. I will
see if I can find them locally to give them a try.

http://www.idealindustries.com/IDEAL...J?OpenDocument

For me they leave a little nagging in the back of my head. Fortunately I
know they are there, why they are there and what each of them connects.
If one ever goes bad I know I can easily snip it off and replace with a
regular wire nut.

To all - Another benefit. Its easy to add things if you leave an extra
spot or two. I had a situation where I wanted to tap into a location for
a fan/light. It was very easy just to stab into the connector I wanted
to add this leg. The connectors used have 6 positions IIRC. Only 3 were
used in the case of the one I tapped into.
http://www.idealindustries.com/IDEAL...J?OpenDocument

I suspect these were used by my contractor because they were probably
virtually the same price as the smaller ones yet more flexible in their
applications.