Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

Default West apartment window heat problem

On Fri, 26 May 2006 17:08:54 GMT, "James Lewis"
wrote:

I live in an apartment in N TX that has a west window that is 7'W X 6'T. It
is actually a double window with four panes each. The heat has come early
this year and the direct sun on that window makes the entire apartment hard
to cool. I was going to have a dark tint applied to the window but the
apartment owners forbid that. Is there a website that sells an effective
heat barrier, like a pull down window shade that would reduce the direct sun
heat? If so, please provide a website and ballpark cost if you know it. I'm
not an engineer but it seems logical to me that a tint would be the best
because it prevents some heat from ever getting into the apartment???

mike

Solar Screens would be an option, if allowed by the owner. We use
these screens in the desert. The fabric has more thread and reduces
the amount of sun into the room.

Example:

Serving Houston, Katy, Galveston, Woodlands, Tomball, Sugarland and
the Surrounding Areas!

http://www.solarscreensplus.com/

Oren

excused from saving Universes."