Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Tips for pigtailing / wirenutting outlets with 12AWG wire

The best tip is to use large enough boxes, so you don't have to cram the
wires into them. Some wire nuts require twisting the wires (clockwise) and
some do not, just make them tight

" wrote in message
ups.com...
Howdy all.

Since I will be pigtailing in about 20 outlets and I know 12AWG can be
kind of stiff to work with, I thought I would ask if anyone here has
any tips to make the job easier ?

I have already pre-wired the pig-tails to the outlets since it's
something that could easily be done from the comfort of my couch while
watching the basketball game. The pigtails for the hots, neutrals and
grounds are all about 6 inches long and I just made them from some
existing 12AWG NM/B wire I had (si they're pretty straight right now).

I have the red wing-nut style wire-nuts and will have to joint (3)
12AWG wires into each nut.

Any tips to make the job easier or better would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Kevin