Posted to alt.home.repair
Newfie

Default What is sold for lifting shingles on roof?

I made my own out of a 20 foot extension ladder and a 2000LB winch. I
just made a platform that had some wheels on the edges that rode the
sides of the ladder - I added some rails so that the platform would not
come off the side. Installed a pulley at the the top and bottom of the
ladder and up they went. I have done about 20 roofs on it so far.

wrote:
Try ABC supply, Bradco, or Spec. Just about any roofing supply company
will sell a device called by different names, but around here we call
it the "laddervator". It is a device that attaches to your extension
ladder and simply pulls a trolley up and down the ladder carrying its
load.

I think they are about $1200.

Around here, we have the shingles roof loaded by the delivery company
for a small charge. We put the felt, nails, tin caps, tar, jacks, and
water bucket on the roof while the delivery truck is here. They have
an extension device which goes to the edge of the roof. One man loads
the extension, and the other catches the material.

Robert