Posted to alt.cable-tv,alt.home.repair
Robert Green

Default Voltage on analog CATV line

"Oren" wrote in message

stuff snipped

I doubt Comcast would provide priority service
for anything, anyway. They're a monopoly and they know it and recently, I
believe JD Powers recently rated them *below* used car salesmen in
trustworthiness. Updating Lily Tomlin for the 00's:

"We don't care, we don't have to. We're the cable company!"

In a calm and polite voice over the phone; just explain, MY WIFE GOT
SHOCKED AND MY LAWYER "SAID".....

In Maryland, Comcast put the governor's wife on their payroll as producer of
a little-watched anti-drug cable show for I believe $3K+ an episode. They
have similar deals in place for relatives of county council members and
other legislators. They know how to provide as little service as they
possible can for as much money as they can charge because they're basically
a monoply that has stacked the deck against the consumer. They act as if
they own the entire state government down to the city councilmen and fear no
legal threats whatseover. Don't take my word for it. Here's an excerpt from
a recent Washington Post piece:

"Exhibit A is Maryland first lady Kendel S. Ehrlich. Having worked for
Comcast as a lawyer (while her husband, then a member of Congress, was on
the House telecommunications subcommittee), Mrs. Ehrlich is now producer and
host of a little-seen, on-demand talk show on substance abuse. For 16 shows,
she is paid an annual salary of $55,000 by Comcast; that's more than $3,400
per half-hour show.

For example, Comcast hired then-Sen. Thomas L. Bromwell's two sons soon
after he pushed through a law that opened the door for cable companies to
collect millions of dollars in revenue. Mr. Bromwell, by the way, is under
indictment for corruption and fraud in a separate case. . . .

The list of others with the right access whom Comcast has placed on the
payroll seems to grow longer each day. They include Melanie Miller, daughter
of state Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr.; Wayne K. Curry, former
Prince George's county executive; and the wife of P. Michael Errico, a
senior official who worked for Mr. Curry's administration."

OK - rant over - Search for "Daddy Comcast" if you want to read more.

All the political reasons aside, I want to know, from my end, as much as I
can know about the technical details of the problem *before* I call and they
send God only knows who to crawl all over my house and my equipment. We can
live without cable for a few days. Maybe even forever.

When push comes to shove, have no fear. I know how to get their attention.
"MY WIFE GOT SHOCKED" will indeed be part of the conversation. Thanks for
your input, Oren.

--
Bobby G.