Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C.

Default Aluminum vs. fiberglass extension ladders

stratford1 wrote:

Hey folks... I need some advice in picking out an extension ladder. My
main concern...this thing will have to be stored outside, probably
hooked onto the fence in the backyard. So, it'll be exposed to the
elements year-round. Is it even worth considering an aluminum ladder
based on that? I want this to last as long as possible and my
assumption is that a fiberglass ladder will stand up to weather much
better. Just wondering if the extra cost is worth it. Thanks for your
help!

My expectation would be that the fiberglass ladder would have more
issues with weather. AL is a self protecting type of metal unless you're
in a salt air area. Fiberglass tends to weather and degrade with
chalking resin, fiberglass fuzz and fading color.

Pete C.