Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
R.H.

Default What is it? CXVI

673. Fire truck control panel

Hate to get technical but that is not a fire truck. It is a Quint. A
true fire TRUCK doesn't have a pump. It may have a plumbed water line on
the ladder or up to the platform if it has one.
A Quint is kind of a jack of all trades type rig. It has a ladder
(usually under 75' and most are not plumbed). It has an on board water
tank and a pump that can supply enough water for the firefighters. They
also usually have rescue gear on board and can kind of function as a ane
stop type of rig. The problem is that they are not really set up to
handle each task as well as a dedicated type of unit can.

The panel in question is the main pump panel. If you want nore detail I
can even tell you what each control does on that panel. It's not our rig
but I have 4 different engines, tankers and once you get used to the
layouts of common items the rest is easy.

Thanks, never before heard of the term quint in reference to a fire truck, I
updated the answer page and added a link. Since you volunteered to give a
few details, I was wondering approx. how tall the ladder is in feet and in
building stories. Also I was going to ask about the sliding levers on the
panel, they appear to be for opening valves, but I noticed that the other
side doesn't have any of these.

http://pzphotosans1181t.blogspot.com/

Rob