Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller

Default Gluing copper pipes

In article , "Jack" n wrote:
I could think of a few reasons of using the epoxy if it really works:

1 Where the water couldn't be turn off completely so solder is useless for
guys like me. Sometimes the white bread trick works sometimes it doesn't.

There are commercial products available for that, too, that supposedly work
better than bread.

This product at Home Depot suppose to set up under water so a bad shut off
valve won't be an issue.

As long as the product does what it claims... :-)

2. If you have a large pipe and the little propane torch couldn't get it
hot enough to solder.

Best solution to that problem is a better torch. MAPP is a huge improvement
over propane.

Your other points are well taken, though.

--
Regards,