Mark Winlund

Default Harbor freight tools

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote

The red wheels, if they are the ruby red, are aluminum oxide, just as the
old salmon colored wheels are.

Harold, I have wondered about that.... I have some fairly large ruby wheels
I obtained years ago, and without exception, they are excellent on hardened
steels... (by excellent, I mean cool cutting).... much better than the
white, and infinitely better than the grey aluminum oxide. I recently found
some for my surface grinder, and they also work very well on cast iron and
mild steel. Why are they red? Marketing hype? Why do they seem to work
better? I have other wheels just as coarse and soft acting, and they don't
do any where near as well.

Mark