Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

Default Projection TV convergence problem? What does this picture show?

Is one stk cold yes or no ??

kip
wrote in message
oups.com...
There is voltage. I noted that on this convergence board all supplies
are tied together for the STKs, so if voltage went, RGB would all be
affected. Thanks.
kip wrote:
No Voltage NO output...Simple!!

kip
wrote in message
oups.com...
I will check the voltages at the STK. Wouldn't I get no output from
the STK if voltage was not present?

kip wrote:
We they are there you have to trace back and locate them if no
voltages
Stk,s.

kip

wrote in message
oups.com...

kip wrote:
Dont forget there maybe a open Pico fuse as well.

Pico fuse where? I don't see any on the convergence board itself.
Thanks for the help.

kip

"Dani" wrote in message
ups.com...
***CAUTION!!!!*** This is one of the JVC units that you have to
unplug
the set to prevent the "booby trap" eeprom info failure from
light
hitting
the sensor. Be very carefull here!

You can do the convergence surgery through the front panel of
this
model without removing the back and setting off the booby trap.

Replace both STK convergence IC's, also check low value
resistors.
...5, or 1.0 ohms approx. The booby trap is the optical sensor
under
a hole in the DVI metal box. Unplug power plug and wait a minute,
remove panel, unplug all wires to the DVI module and you can work
on it safely with power on.

Also you can work from front for convergence job only, if this
model
uses long retangular convergence board (no screws, held in place
with
snap hooks with metal box. you can get it out from front and
reach
deep to release one of cables from holders and unplug from the
small
stand up PCB.

wrote:
I have a JVC 56" rear projection TV (model AV-56WP30). There is
problem with the red projecting a wavy line near top of screen.
checked all ouput resistors on the amp on the convergence board
and
they were all fine. I tried switching the blue and red outputs
from
the convergence board and the problem went to the blue so I was
fairly
confident the problem was with the red convergence amp
(STK392-110)
and
I replaced it. The problem still exists. I took a picture of
it
and
stored he
http://www.signaturefactory.com/dlip/tv1.jpg (note
the
picture was taken with the blue and red outputs from the
convergence
amp swapped so problem is on the blue). Anybody have any
suggestions?