Posted to rec.woodworking
BobS

Default OT - Veterans Affairs Data Security (not...)

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
"BobS" wrote:

I was the victim of identity theft back in the 70's while in the service.
They caught the dude, but he still caused me a heap of trouble that took
about 6 months to get straightened out - no fun.

Not to mention that sense of having been violated. That only happened to
me once when somebody took a receipt from the garbage at a restaurant
and charged $ 4000.00 worth of furniture on my account.
It was settled quickly, but it left a nasty after-taste in my mouth
which took a long time to purge.
It's a problem.

That would tend to leave a bad taste in any ones mouth. I'm watching our
accounts like a hawk and have implemented safeguards as per the
recommendations. Not much else you can do except bitch at the VA at this
point - which I did....

Bob S.