Posted to rec.woodworking
BobS

Default OT - Veterans Affairs Data Security (not...)

Seems there is a good side, well sorta...only effects vets who severed
after '79. Pay attention to what BobS said.

Rick,

They have changed that and it now effects even those before 1975 according
to the link I provided in my first post. If it's changed again (to '79)
then I haven't heard or read that as of yesterday. I got all my fraud
alerts and the wife's (dependent's are also involved) in-place. Not a big
deal to get it done and involves a phone call to an automated system for the
credit report - about 4 minutes of answering questions... "Say or press 1
for a yes, or 2 for no..." type replies.

I did vent to the VA though......I feel better but I'm sure the dude or
dudess that reads the email is gonna choke on their coffee this morning. I
fully expect my next check to be bent, buckled or otherwise distorted over
that one.....;-)

TGIF,

Bob S.