Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default run car on moonshine

On 26 May 2006 04:16:30 -0700, carneyke wrote:
Amen ! Move back to the city Dave and straighten it out.

The city is more b0rken than I care to try to fix.

I live in a
"bedroom community" that has been destroyed by "commuters". Laughed my
butt off last night when AMTRAK lost power and the "commuters" spent 6
hours doing something they shouldn't be (working 80 miles from where
they live).

I work in IT and live between two IT job markets. It improves my
options immensely.

Have "fun" commuting, it's the best part of the high gas
prices. Thanks for building your "mansions" on my old hunting

Overgeneralize much? Pheasants Forever and Ducks Unlimited seem to feel
I'm doing things right, since they seem to keep wanting to cost-share
the habitat improvements I'm making on my 30 acres. The forester I
consult with is helping me to have a diverse forest _and_ future income
from timber. I'm controlling the weeds, participating in the community,
and would like to think I'm a net-positive to the land and the area.
My 32 minute drive, in an efficient clean car? It's a necessary evil,
and it's not all that big of a deal.

Why the rant, I wonder?