Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
carneyke

Default run car on moonshine

Amen ! Move back to the city Dave and straighten it out. I live in a
"bedroom community" that has been destroyed by "commuters". Laughed my
butt off last night when AMTRAK lost power and the "commuters" spent 6
hours doing something they shouldn't be (working 80 miles from where
they live). Have "fun" commuting, it's the best part of the high gas
prices. Thanks for building your "mansions" on my old hunting
grounds..............
John Husvar wrote:
In article ,
Dave Hinz wrote:

On Thu, 25 May 2006 13:09:53 -0600, Laszlo Nemeth wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

Yeah, easy. Except that I need to, you know, get to work. We've
brought up the 4x10 hour days (heh...instead of 5 of them...) which went
over like a fart in church.

whats wrong with farting in church? think different.

That would be "differently" I think.

i carpool ~2 days a week to work. my wife and i each have
a car. when i carpool with her i leave the car at the
office, that way i can deal with any emergancy/errends
that need to be run. the only down side is i don't get my alone
time between the home and the office (and i have to listen to
her music). it does help that my office isn't to far out of
her way.

Not everyone has the option of carpooling. I live in a rather rural
area and work far from any mass transit stops. It's not an option for
me.

Well, ****, Dave, what are you thinking? Who the hell told you you could
live where you please? Ain't you got no environmental couth at all?

Rather rural area! You insufferable environment wrecker, you! The
country should be left completely back to the way Nature growed it,
doncha know that?

Ya oughta be moving back into the city, the inner city, and be helping
bring up those neighborhoods by their bootstraps. They ain't no crack
dealers or whores t' worry about! Them's just myths put out by the
neocons what wanna keep them poor, misunderstood, disadvantaged,
thieves, robbers, druggies, and whoring, pimpin' folks down!

If'n you move back, then you'll have all the mass transit you could ever
want. 'Course you might wanna watch out jist a little bit since your
predicted life span from the time you get on a subway 'til you _almost_
make it to your stop is, oh, about ten minutes. An' the transit cops
won't let you even try to resist: They gotta make up for their civil
serpents'salaries somehow since they're only making about three times
what you do, so they're in on the robberies!

There's some folks what keep a 20 or so to give to the muggers so they
might not get hurt. They say they consider it a tax for living in the
city. You gotta git wit Da Program, Man!

By the way: learn Spanish and Ebonics. That way they'll understand you
when you yell for help. Nobody'll come, especially if you live in NYC,
but they'll understand you.

OW! Sorry, got my tongue tangled in my eyeteeth for a second there and
couldn't see what I was saying.

--
Bring back, Oh bring back
Oh, bring back that old continuity.