Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L

Default Fixing a UPVC door using foam? Anyone done it or have stories to tell?

dennis@home wrote:
"Cordless Crazy" wrote in
message ...

Anyone used that Fischer 2-part foam designed for fixing door and
window frames in lieu of using regular fixings?

http://tinyurl.com/hqn4g

Was wondering whether to use it to fix my french doors (plus
sidelights either side) as the frame is 2400mm wide and in my
opinion it is too wide for the gear to work/secure it properly.

What do you reckon?

It is probably a good structural fixing.

What is to stop a thief cutting it through with a hacksaw blade and
removing the entire frame in silence?

In silence? - you've obviously never tried to remove a PVC frame that has
been fixed in with foam...hacksaw blades to start (which incidentally sound
like a pig giving birth, except they are much louder), then many, many hits
with 5lb lump hammer onto 3X2 timber against the frame, this causes the
whole thing rattle and vibrate and sounds similar to a washing machine being
pushed down a staircase....this is all done with the glazing units removed,
I'd hate to think what it would sound like fully glazed.