Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gav

Default Mould in corner of upstairs room

bp wrote:

HI,

I posted a question a few days ago about Damp. Since this is slight
different I am raising another

I live in an end of terrace house. Upstairs in the middle bedroom I
can see what looks like mould in the corner. It is black stuff that
does not wipe off, towards the floor, and skirting. It goes up about
2ft up the wall.

It is in the inside corner of the room and the two walls in question
are external walls. I cannot see this anywhere else in the room.. I
have other rooms with corners where both walls are external, but there
is no sign of that there

I am about to decorate the room so my question is. What are possible
causes of this. How can I remove it and what shoud I be doing to
prevent it re-occuring.

I have looked at the corner externally (not on a ladder just from
ground level) and cannot see anything that looks odd (i.e. loose bricks
etc). However there is SKY dish fixed to the wall further up and the
wire is tacked down the wall near that area. Could this be causing it.

Thanks

Bhupesh

i have had a similar situation in my end terrace, the gutter was rotten
and also the dryer downstairs was not vented to outside so it way
causing condensation on the external walls. remedy was to vent dryer to
outside and i think it cost me around £14 and an hour or so