Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin

Default Land drainage advice

This sounds very similar to my garden. I've mulled over various ideas,
including making a soakway at the furthest point from the house. This
is difficult because I would be attempting to run the water against the
natural slope of the garden. I don't really feel too comfortable about
having the soakaway close to the house as you have suggested but cannot
give any firm reasons why this is a bad idea.
My latest idea is to put something like a drive drain running parallel
to the rear of the house and about two or three feet from the house. I
should then be able to run this into one of the rainwater gulleys. The
only part I haven't yet worked out is how to get the water from the
land drains into the drive drain, or even if I can make some kind of
arrangement using just land drains which would remove the need for the
expensive drive drain altogether.
I'm also thinking that I could hide the outflow from the land drains
underneath some decking which I'm thinking of putting along the back of
the house, but again I would be hoping to eventually route the water
into one of the rainwater gulleys rather than just let it soak away.