Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Conway

Default Mould in corner of upstairs room

bp wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote :

It's probably from where some furniture stood close to the wall,
restricting ventilation.

OK thanks for the quick reply.
This sounds likely as the wardrobe there was a freestanding one, but
had been screwed to th wall. I have tapped the plaster and it all
seems sound - that is a good sign I take it?

Anything that lets water drip or run down the wall won't help, but
that does not sound significant.

Ok, but there is not much I can do about this is there. Moving the
cable will move the problem (if there is any. But iill go up and see
if the tacking has loosened any mortar/bricks etc

One other thing. As you say the two walls are external I assume that
they form a corner externally. Is there a downpipe on this corner? We
had a similar problem and it turned out that the downpipe was not
properly aligned with the gutter and when it rained rainwater was
dripping down the side of the house.