Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
DoN. Nichols

Default What is it? CXVI

According to R.H. :
Another set has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Here we go again. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking again.

672) Hmm ... it sort of looks from the first view like a small
door knocker, however the other view suggests that the hammer
head actually is intended to be functional, with a a strange
claw on the side instead of the back of the head, and the back
*might* work to pull staples.

No idea what function the circular "handle" serves.

673) That looks like the control panel of a fire engine -- in
particular a "pumper" truck.

674) Perhaps for bending several rods at the same time -- to a fixed
radius?

675) Hmm ... that one looks like a mouse stomping trap. Not sure
how much give there is under the trigger paddle, but when it
triggers, the big block of wood comes stomping down on whatever
is inside the box. Presumably, the trigger paddle gets some
bait on it when it is being set.

676) Hmm ... except for the lack of any visible contacts, it looks
like a predecessor for a "bug" Morse code key. I've got no clue
as to whether it is in its normal operating position, or whether
it should be mounted on a vertical surface.

677) Hmm ... perhaps a press for forming tamales? The grains in the
metal look like those in the corn husks normally used to wrap
tamales.

Now to see what others have guessed.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564