Posted to alt.home.repair
Adam Preble

Default Paint sprayer & latex paint

I was trying to paint something with latex paint. I got a central
pneumatic sprayer for farting around with this; I might end up just
returning it. I have a Craftsman 6HP compressor that can go up to 120
PSI (the sprayer is only rated to 75 though). I can get water out of it
but no paint.

I have never done this before, and I have had to dig for what might be
wrong. The first thing I see is I'm probably in trouble trying to do
things with this setup. Latex paint is just too much for it. I also
see notes about thinning paint, but nothing recommending doing that
here--I assume it's wrong to do.

Is there a way I could make this setup work, or am I out of luck using
my compressor to spray?