Posted to rec.woodworking
Rick S. Carusi

Default OT - Veterans Affairs Data Security (not...)

"BobS" wrote in message
I know there are a number of veteran's in this newsgroup and I'm sure
you've all heard the news about the SOB that lost 26.5 million veteran's
records. I'll not vent about it here but you need to protect yourselves -
just in case.

Start here http://www.firstgov.gov/index.shtml several good links to steer
you to the Credit companies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion)

Do place a 90 day Fraud Alert on your credit records and contact your bank
/ Credit Unions / Credit Card company's and invoke any fraud guards they
have.

I was the victim of identity theft back in the 70's while in the service.
They caught the dude, but he still caused me a heap of trouble that took
about 6 months to get straightened out - no fun.

Bob S.
Seems there is a good side, well sorta...only effects vets who severed
after '79. Pay attention to what BobS said.